subTerrain magazine is an arts journal published 3 times a year from Vancouver, BC in Canada. They strive for “a stimulating fusion of fiction, poetry, photography and graphic illustration from uprising Canadian, U.S. & international writers and artists.”
They have a few opportunities (some with fees) like Lush Triumphant Literary Awards but I’ve chosen to focus below on the upcoming Summer/ Fall 18 issue. Scroll down the page to the bottom to see all of the current ones (with orange buttons).
Theme: Margins | Issue #80 (Summer/Fall 18)
“Life on the margins, being on the border or edge of society”
Deadline: June 8th 2018
Payment rates for published submissions:
- Poetry: $50 per poem
- Prose: $50 per page
Entry Fee – Summer/ Fall issue: NONE if you snail mail by date & $3.00 if you use Submittable to cover their processing costs.
Read all the general guidelines carefully as well.
- If submitting by traditional mail, please identify on the front of the envelope the theme issue to which you’re submitting.
- Work is to be unpublished.
- No submissions are to be emailed.
- Submittable button is at the bottom. If you’re new to Submittable, you can set up your account from here. NB. A payment of $3.00 is applicable.
- Photography & Illustration: only accept solicited art and photography. Please forward a link to your work;
- Editors are happy to consider work “from all corners of the identity spectrum, including works by under-represented writers, including but not limited to those who are indigenous, of colour, immigrants, women, LGBTQI+, low-income, no-income, and writers with disabilities. Submitters are welcome to state demographics such as race, age, gender, etc. in their cover letter if they so choose.”
Seawoman’s 2 Cents? They seem responsive based on how quickly they got back to me with queries. Seems like a great opp!
Source: Freedom With Writing
Contact: subTerrain magazine PO Box 3008, MPO Vancouver, BC V6B 3X5 (604) 876-8710 www.subterrain.ca subTerrain on Facebook