No Extra Words by Producer and Editor Kris Baker Dersch, is an audio anthology seeking “submissions by any flash fiction author.” It is a “podcast of great English language short stories under 2,000 words. Stories come from all over the world.
One of the great things is they DO accept work that was published previously. Such a great way to expand your reach!
The other worthwhile note is, though many stories are read and recorded by the editor, YOU have the option to record yourself reading your story.
The podcast is completely free to listen or subscribe to. Stories are used with permission and all remain the property of their respective authors.”
Fee to enter: None
- Previously published stories or those currently published online are welcome as long as you currently retain the rights to have your story recorded.
- A work of fiction. Stories may be based on factual events but should be fictionalized.
- Stories may be in any genre except erotica or fanfiction – or stories containing trademarked characters (see intellectual freedom statement) NB. they do accept stories “with coarse language or mature themes” but an audio disclaimer will indicate this.
- Stories should be less than 2,000 words. Priority is given to stories less than 1,000 words. There is no minimum word count for stories.
- No payment is offered for stories, but authors will be credited and publicized on our website. Response to every submission and they endeavour to get back to you within 3 weeks.
Read all of the submission guidelines HERE.
For those whose work has been accepted, read THIS.
No Extra Words Washington, USA No Extra Words on Facebook firstname.lastname@example.org Listener Feedback Line: (425) 686-9495
Source: Authors Publish Magazine