The National Independence Festival of Creative Arts (NIFCA) Literary Arts 2014 forms are available! This Arts Festival taking place in the last quarter of the year, is organized by the National Cultural Foundation of Barbados.
Download the 2014 NIFCA Literary Arts Rules and Entry Form (1)!
Eligibility: Citizens and legal residents of Barbados. Barbadians from around the WORLD may also enter NIFCA.
- Fee: None
- ONE form per entrant. (Put ALL your subs on ONE form. See Page 11-13.
- All entries MUST be unpublished (except book entries) and original.
- No more than three (3) pieces in each category
- Work must be entered in quadruplicate (4 copies of each) with the entrant’s name appearing ONLY on the form.
- Entries may come from Professionals and Non-Professionals (Individuals/ Schools/ Groups)
- Junior Entries are accepted from children aged 7 and older. Junior entrants (under 18) must be signed by a parent, guardian or teacher.
- Several special Incentive PRIZES include the annual Prime Minister’s Scholarship (valued at BDS$25,000.00) and new for 2014: The 150th Anniversary of the Barbados Landship (BDS$500)
- Work exploring any theme accepted but should primarily reflect contact with the Barbadian or Caribbean environment
- Recommended winning work will be published in an anthology.
Literary Categories include
- Plays/ Scripts (radio/ film/ tv/ stage)
- PROSE: Essays (ages 12+)
- PROSE: Fiction (novel/ flash fiction/ children’s story/ short story)
- Unpublished Manuscripts (Poetry/Novels/ novellas)
- Published Books
DEADLINES: for entries by 4:30 pm as below:
- Published Books – Friday, August 8th 2014
- Adult Prose Entries – Friday, August 15th 2014
- Adult Poetry Entries – Friday, August 22nd 2014
- Adult Script Entries (plays/ screenplays etc) – Friday, August 29th 2014
- School Entries – Monday, September 15th 2014
- All Junior Entries – Monday, September 15th 2014
Entries with required copies (4) accepted via: hand or mail by deadline to:The Chief Executive Officer National Cultural Foundation West Terrace St. James Barbados General Queries re: NIFCA Literary Arts should be referred to: the Cultural Officer, Literary Arts Ayesha Gibson-Gill: Tel: (246) 417-6625 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org Seawoman’s 2 cents: Highly recommended addition for ALL Bajan writers! PLEASE READ ALL rules thoroughly – more than once. This will ensure you are NOT ineligible.