Cultural Weekly is a digital magazine – “a hyper-curated and eclectic mix to stimulate your cultural passions,” which posts late Wednesday night or early Thursday morning, depending on your time zone. Over the past three years, Cultural Weekly has become one of the premiere places where poets share their work, and poetry-lovers share their comments. Cultural Weekly’s Poetry Contest allows new poets to be discovered, and established poets to share their work with expanded audiences.
This year, is the Jack Grapes Poetry Prize, named in honour of great poet and teacher Jack Grapes, with cash prizes of $250 for first place, $100 for second place, and $5o for third place.
“In last year’s poetry contest, they received over 350 poems from 120 poets from Malaysia, Ireland, Europe, Africa, Japan, the US and Canada. (Let’s add THE CARIBBEAN to this list!)
Entry Fee: NONE
Deadline: August 31, 2014
- You may submit up to 3 previously unpublished poems. If it has appeared in any book, magazine or edited website, then it is published. Sole exception: if you have posted it only on your own blog or social media, and you take it down and leave it down, we will consider it unpublished.
- The poems may be of any length, and any style.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine as long as you notify us immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere for publication.
- You may only submit once during this period. Choose your best work!
- You MUST follow the following format rules. Submissions that do not follow these rules may not be considered.
- Submissions must be in .doc or .docx format. (No “pages,” “txt” “pdf” or other formats).
- Your submissions must all be in a single document. In other words, if you submit 3 poems, they should all be in 1 document, not in 3 separate documents.
- Pages must be numbered.
- Your name, address, phone number and email address must appear on the cover page. Include a brief bio.
- Your entry will not be acknowledged. Please do not query. Our poetry editor will contact all those who submitted with the results in due course. Your patience is appreciated.
- Email your submission to this email address only: email@example.com.
Poems accepted for publication will be featured in an upcoming edition of Cultural Weekly.
Read all of the rules for the Poetry Contest HERE.
Cultural Weekly Founded/ Published by Adam Leipzig.