Caribbean Christmas Anthology – a collection of Christmas stories for children will be produced by CaribbeanReads and Jaxon Photography. It will also feature crafts and artwork from Caribbean artists. You can submit submissions of art, poetry, and short stories.
The book is intended to delight readers with tales of the holiday spirit, traditions, and values in the Caribbean islands, and will highlight Christmas as well as other traditional celebrations that take place at Christmastime in the Caribbean. The book will be aimed at children 6 to 9 years old.
Eligible: Caribbean citizens (Definition of ‘Caribbean’ HERE)
Click Payment details: Fee + copy of the book
- Stories and articles: 3¢ per final word count, US$10.00 minimum
- Poems: up to $1.00 per line; US$10.00 minimum
- Activities and recipes:US $25.00 flat rate
- Artwork: US$100 for artwork accepted for the cover. Rates for other artwork will be determined based on the size and relevance of the material and will range from US$25 to $50. No other royalties will be paid
- Payments will be made within 30 days of publication.
Deadline: June 30, 2014
Rights: worldwide exclusive (in the case of a yet unpublished work) OR non-exclusive (in the case of a previously published work) rights in multiple print and electronic formats for twelve months from publication and a four-year non-exclusive worldwide license from the date of publication to continue to publish your work in other formats as part of the anthology. Read more here.
- All short stories, craft, and poetry entries must be submitted in English.
- Stories and poetry must be based in the Caribbean or have a strong Caribbean theme.
- Poems up to 25 lines: succinct, imaginative, and accessible; avoid long narrative poems.
- Fiction: 300 to 1,000 words
- Clever crafts, recipes, games, and puzzles are accepted – of 1-4 pages too but only activities that a reader in the target age range would be able to perform on his/her own, with minimal parental assistance.
- Find FULL SUBMISSION FORMAT here.
ContactThe Editor P.O. Box 1059,
St. Kitts, West Indies Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Seawoman’s 2 cents: EXCELLENT opp (and paying too)! Love to see Caribbean publishing treasures like this. A must-submit.