The National Independence Festival of Creative Arts (NIFCA) Literary Arts 2013 forms are available! This Arts Festival taking place in the last quarter of the year, is organized by the National Cultural Foundation of Barbados.
Download the NIFCA Lit Arts 2013 Rules!
Eligibility: Citizens and legal residents of Barbados. Barbadians from around the WORLD may also enter NIFCA.
- Fee: None
- ONE form per entrant. See Appendix C (FORM)
- All entries MUST be unpublished (except book entries) and original.
- No more than three (3) pieces in each category
- Entries may come from Professionals and Non-Professionals (Individuals/ Schools/ Groups)
- Junior Entries are accepted from children aged 7 and older. Junior entrants (under 18) must be signed by a parent, guardian or teacher.
- Several special Incentive PRIZES include the annual Prime Minister’s Scholarship (valued at BDS$25,000.00) and new for 2013: The National Anti Doping Commission Prize (BDS$1,500)
- Work exploring any theme accepted but should primarily reflect contact with the Barbadian or Caribbean environment
- Recommended winning work will be published in an anthology.
Literary Categories include
- Fiction (flash fiction/ children’s story/ short story)
- Manuscripts (Poetry/Novels/ novellas)
- Published Books
DEADLINES: for entries by 4:30 pm as below:
- Published Books – Friday, August 10th 2013
- Adult Prose Entries – Friday, August 16th 2013
- Adult Poetry Entries – Friday, August 23rd 2013
- Adult Script Entries (plays/ screenplays etc) – Friday, September 6th 2013
- School Entries – Monday, September 16th 2013
- All Junior Entries – Monday, September 16th 2013
Entries accepted via: hand, mail or fax by deadline to:The Chief Executive Officer National Cultural Foundation West Terrace St. James Barbados General Queries re: NIFCA Literary Arts should be referred to: the Cultural Officer, Literary Arts Ayesha Gibson-Gill: Tel: (246) 417-6625 or email: email@example.com Seawoman’s 2 cents: Highly recommended addition for ALL Bajan writers! PLEASE READ ALL rules thoroughly – more than once. This will ensure you are NOT ineligible.