Poetry Ireland Review is published quarterly. They welcome unsolicited and unpublished submissions of poems, and proposals for articles and reviews, from Ireland and abroad, in Irish or English.
- Send a maximum of six (6) poems.
- Keep a hard copy of each submission.
- Poems should be original, and previously unpublished.
- Poems should be typed, with the author’s name on each sheet.
- If a poem continues over more than one page, clearly indicate stanza breaks between pages.
- A stamped self-addressed envelope should be enclosed to facilitate return. Submissions not accompanied by SAEs will not be returned.
- Include an e-mail address with your posted submission if you only need notification of the editor’s decision and don’t need your work returned. The paperwork will be recycled in due course.
- Overseas submissions should be accompanied by International Reply Coupons, or with an e-mail address (see above).
- There are no restrictions on style or subject, but Poetry Ireland strongly dislikes poems advocating sexism or racism.
- The Editor normally replies within 6 months or earlier; this timeframe may vary with the volume of submissions at any given time.
- Email: e-mail submissions are NOT accepted, although an e-mail address may be included with a posted submission – see above.
Poets will receive a copy of the issue in which their work appears plus a payment for their contribution.
Full guidelines, go HERE!
Articles and Reviews
Articles and reviews are normally commissioned by the Editor. We will, however, consider proposals for both, but unsolicited articles and reviews will not be considered. Reviewers and article writers receive a copy of the journal plus payment.
Payment: Poets will receive a copy of the issue in which their work appears plus a payment for their contribution.
Snail mail your submissions to:
Poetry Ireland Review
2 Proud’s Lane,
off St Stephen’s Green,
Other Contact info:
Tel: +353 1 478 9974
Fax: +353 1 478 0205