The Capilano Review is a paying market interested in experimental, venturesome writing and art.
TCR also welcome pitches for our “see to see–” review section, which features 500-word discursive, poetic, and critical responses to books, art shows, and events. We’re particularly interested in hearing about community-oriented art and poetry events and reviewing small press titles or otherwise under-represented work.”
This “publication and its members respectfully acknowledge that our organization is situated on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the (Musqueam),(Squamish), and (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. We are committed to reflecting and cultivating the city’s diverse writing and art communities, particularly as they undertake and interrogate the necessary work of decolonization.”
Submission Fee: NONE
Pays: CDN $50 per published page to a maximum of CDN$200.
Please See site for full guidelines.
- Poetry (to a maximum of 8 pages)
- Prose (to a maximum of 2,000 words.
- Rights: First North American serial rights and limited, non-exclusive digital rights. Copyright reverts to the author upon publication.
- It’s recommended that you familiarize yourself with the magazine by reading free digital back issues and support by becoming a subscriber.
- Please send your pitch FIRST to contact[at]thecapilanoreview[dot]com along with a bio, a sample of your recent work, and if possible a digital excerpt or preview of the work you’re proposing to review.
- It may take four to six months for us to respond to your submission.